Saturday 13 April 2013

Why do we come to school?

We have been thinking a lot this last week because we are learning how KC can help us with our learning.
Our first question was - "Why do we come to school?"


Once we had decided that we do a lot of learning at school, 
we talked about how we think we learn.

 Next we did some "wondering."
We asked ourselves a question that we want to know the answer to and we wrote it in our writing book.  Here are some of the things we wonder about.
Rosie: 
I wonder...How does a mermaid swim all the way to mermaid school?
Molly:
I wonder how ducks put their heads under the water to catch fish. At the lake I have seen them.
Jasmine:
I wonder if fish go down the waterfall.
Lily:
I wonder what the sunset looks like.
Emily:
I wonder how a hang glider flies and how it starts to fly in the sky.
Chrystal: 
I wonder how this noise gets in my ears. It hurts.
Nisha:
I wonder if Mum bought me an eating treat at the supermarket. I wonder what it might be. I wonder...

Wondering helps us to learn.  We can wonder about something and then try to find out the answer!

3 comments:

  1. What great questions Room 2. I wonder those things too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI ROOM2 WHAT A COOL QUESTION.SOMETIMES I WONDER WHY DO WE COME TO SCHOOL I GESS WE COME TO SCHOOL TO LERN NEW THINGS.HERE IS ANOTHER QUESTION FOR YOU WHAT IF WE HADE NO SCHOOL.FROM POPPY ROOM10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Room 2
    I used to wonder why we come to school as well! Now I know that we come to school to learn, to make friends and go on trips! Along with other things too.
    And, to answer Poppy from Room 10's question, I think I would be very bored if we had no school!


    Here is what I wonder... when do you stop learning?

    From Mrs Paton

    ReplyDelete